Thursday, June 26, 2014

Excerpt: Whispers of the Serpent



I glanced back over the guardrail, pushing just a bit of my energy over the distance to sense Sera. It didn’t take long to find her, and she wasn’t alone. Sure, I felt the other humans, but there were pockets of emptiness in the same space. 
 
I touched the spot on my neck, and my wolf growled. “If they get arrested, no one’s going to find those babies. Those guys aren’t going to give up a location. Not to the cops.”

“No, not to cops,” he repeated. “But sometimes, Zoë…” He said my name like it was a decadent candy between his lips. “Sometimes we are truly all that stands between the evils of men and those they would harm. And sometimes,” He closed the space between us and whispered in my ear, hot breath on skin. “Just sometimes, we are called on to be the agents of karmic retribution.” 

- Ch 30: Choosing Sides 


Oooh, I'm so amped to be writing this chapter! And the next one! I hope you all love it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment